Students for Peace and Justice
The Lord has loved me so much: we must love everyone… we must be compassionate! St. Josephine Bakhita
Our mission is: to provide hope for a better world through solidarity and education by
- Staying informed about social global issues
- Challenging unjust systems
- Acting as advocates for human rights
- Being voices for the voiceless.
If you want Peace, work for Justice.
Development cannot be reduced to economic growth alone, often attained without a thought for the poor and the vulnerable. A better world will come about only if attention is first paid to individuals; if human promotion is integral, taking account of every dimension of the person, including the spiritual; if no one is neglected, including the poor, the sick, prisoners, the needy and the stranger (cf. Mt 25:31-46); if we can prove capable of leaving behind a throwaway culture and embracing one of encounter and acceptance. (8/5/13, World Day of Migrants and Refugees). Pope Francis.
We don't only hope for a better world, we work to make it happen! We...
- Stay informed about global issues
- Raise awareness about social injustice
- Change perspectives on other cultures
- Advocate for human rights
- Be voices for the voiceless
For more information contact Ben Grapperhaus