The Newman Catholic Center is pleased to offer an After School Program for a limited number of students, ages 7 to 14 years old. This program provides one-on-one academic help and mentoring with college student tutors who work with your child for one hour on homework or extra academic practice. A light healthy snack will be provided. Please know that we will care and share our love with your student through providing one-on-one attention.
The program runs from Monday through Thursday, 4:00-5:00pm. This time includes play, prayer, and circle time. Please drop them off on time and pick them up on time. (We do not have full time staff.)
Due to a high number of requests for transportation, the first come, first serve policy for our bus applies. If there is room for your child, be aware of the following times:
- Your child will be picked up betwen 3:30-4:00pm. Please have your child and or children ready for pick up.
- Your child will be dropped off from 5:00-5:30pm.
General Policies of the After School Program
The purpose of the After School Program is to help your Student Academically.
- This is not a babysitting service.
- The first 45 minutes will be educational actvities. This is not negotiable. Your student is expected to bring his/her homework and necessary materials each day.
- You will be notified if a party or other activity may shorten the time for educational activities.
Your child is to attend every day he/she is registered.
- Excess absences will not be tolerated, and your child will be dismissed from the program.
- If your child will not be attending a cdertain day due to illness, doctor, appointment, etc., you are expected to call the Newman Catholic Center at 348-0188 by 3:00pm.
For the benefit of the entire program…
- Your student is expected to be respectful and on his/her best behavior.
- Your child will be dismissed from the program if misbehavior becomes excessive.
We will let you know if there is room for your child the week before the program begins. After School Program Coordinators can be reached at the Newman Catholic Center at 217-348-0188 ex. 11.